Making Moving House Easy with Personal Van Rental
— All the Details for Moving House Safely and Securely with Van Rental in Dublin
They say that moving house is one of the most stressful experiences you can go through in your life. From packing your life up into numerous boxes, to choosing who you trust to look after and move your possessions, it is no wonder that a house move can be nerve-racking.
However, you don’t have to trust someone you don’t know with your worldly goods. Instead, you can rent a van to move at a time, and in a way that suits you. If you are planning to move during this upcoming Easter weekend, then sorting out van rental can ensure you tick off one box on your moving to-do list with our reasonably priced van rentals and special offers.
Understanding the Van Rental Process for Your House Move
Hiring your own van can take the stress out of your move because you can put yourself in control of the situation in a way which you can’t if you are relying on a removals company. However, there are a number of considerations to take into account, including the size of your van, whether your driving license allows you to drive a large vehicle, and whether you have your timings set for moving day.
Below are some useful tips to follow when you rent a van to move house:
- Size matters: Think about how many possessions you are taking with you and how much furniture you have. If you are moving into your very first home, it may be that a smaller van will be ideal. However, if you have a lot of stuff to take with you, it may be better to choose a larger van, rather than have to make several trips.
- A popular model: Our Mini Mover box van is a model which is worth considering. This model is especially designed so that it maximises available space, allowing for easier packing. You’ll be surprised at just how much you can fit in. As a general rule, the Mini Mover will fit the contents of a two-bedroom apartment comfortably in one trip, so long as you are sensible about the way you pack everything in.
- Heavy items: If you have heavy items of furniture, or bulky items which could be difficult to lift, then consider making this easier for yourself. Look for a truck which has a hydraulic tail-lift. This means you can lift up heavy items such as sofas and pianos, simply rolling them into the back of the truck, rather than having to lift them by hand.
- Timing: Moving house can be tricky, particularly if you’re in a chain. If you have a buyer waiting to get into your home, this can add to the stress. Make sure you work out how long it will take you to load up your van or truck, how long it will take you to get to your new home and whether you need to make one or several round trips.
- Your driver’s licence. While it may be tempting to book the biggest truck possible so you can fit all of your furniture and boxes in one trip, it could be that you find driving such a large vehicle difficult if you aren’t used to it. You may also not be eligible to drive it, so it is worth contacting us for advice.
Arrange Your Van Rental in Dublin for Moving House
National Truck Rental offers a wide variety of van rental types and has a knowledgeable team that is here to answer all your questions. Contact us to talk about which van will suit your house move requirements, so we can help you with your van rental and make moving day as hassle free as possible.
Book your van hire in Dublin for moving home when you contact National Truck Rental. Fill out our enquiry form and one of our customer care representatives will provide all the information you need to choose your van and make your booking.